Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
🚫 I need fancy equipment to start producing content 🚫
No. You don't.
📹 You don't need a fancy camera or lights to start a youtube channel.
🎙 You don't need an amazing microphone or studio to start a podcast.
💻 You don't need the best computer to build something amazing.
In fact, I would argue it's the exact opposite.
⬇️ Start small.
📱 Record your video or podcast on your phone.
✏️ Practice making content.
💥 Learn what you're passionate about.
🙌 Provide value.
You can always upgrade the equipment or quality later.
Waiting for the best equipment is really just an excuse. It's a way to procrastinate the creative process.
Don't do it.
#jacobsthoughts #contentcreation #podcast #video #content #contentmarketing
😱 Are you afraid to grow? 📈
Sometimes I am. The past month has been insane! I have about 10 web design projects that I'm working on, and it just keeps getting busier and busier.
While this is a good problem to have, it can be stressful... I'm at the point where I've decided to do 2 things:
1. I'm going to start charging more. This way I can take on less, higher-profile clients.
2. I'm going to start bringing in people to help grow and scale my business.
That's scary though!
Up to this point, my business has been all me. I'm a freelancer. If I fail, it's just me.
If I succeed, it's just me.
Bringing people in creates opportunities for growth, but also more pressure. Now, I'll be responsible for others.
Anyway, wish me luck! :)
#growth #marketing #webdesign #smallbusiness
Time to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? Here are some tips for you!
I went through Taylor Hyde's profile and gave her some tips to utilize the platform better. She is brand new to the platform, so go and connect with her!
- Use a custom header image.
- Record a 10-second audio clip and upload it as the "name pronunciation." This is an opportunity to connect with people on a personal level.
- Write a headline that tells what value you can bring.
- Fill the about section with keywords. This is a great opportunity for SEO.
- If you own your own business, make sure you create a company page and add a logo to it.
- Reach out to people you've worked with in the past and ask them to endorse you.
- Create content, content, content! Creating content is the most important part of LinkedIn.
- Don't sell all of the time. Create value and people will give value back.
Hope that was helpful! :)
#linkedinprofile #linkedinstrategy #contentmarketing #socialmediacontent
🚫 Don’t get so focused on success that you don’t see it right in front of you! 😳
I’m always wanting more. In part, that’s what makes me an entrepreneur. I have a burning desire to succeed, and work my tail off to do so.
That said, sometimes I’m so focused on the hustle and pursuit of success that I fail to celebrate and recognize the small wins.
🙏 Take time to be grateful.
📈 Think about where you were a year or even five years ago.
🎉 Celebrate the small wins.
Take care! :)