Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
🤔 Why is content so valuable? 🧐
Let me tell you! 👇🏻
People want to do business with other people. NOT with some corporate entity. Even large corporations often have personalities attached to them. Think Elon Musk and Tesla or John Legere and T-Mobile.
We want to do business with people we KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST.
Content is the way people get to know, like, and trust your business.
Create value, and people will provide value back to you.
If you need help with this, don't hesitate to let me know.
#content #contentmarketing #digitalmarketing #podcast #blog #socialmedia #value #branding
Spent the last few days at Glacier National Park in Montana. What did I Learn?
- God is majestic and all powerful. I was filled with awe seeing some of his large creations up close.
- Beauty takes a long time to build. The mountains of Glacier National Park began forming 170 million years... if God can be this patient with his creations, maybe I can be a little more patient with the businesses I’m building.
- Connecting with nature brings clarity. As we enjoyed the beautiful landscapes, I disconnected from a lot of life’s stresses. It was really nice, and I’m coming back with more clarity and direction.
What did you do/learn this weekend?
#jacobsthoughts #weekend #nature faithandwork
🖥 Need some website tips? 👍🏻
We just launched a new website for the Self Improvement Daily Podcast.
I was honored when Brian Ford came to me looking to improve the website for his podcast. I've been a long time listener, an I was excited to help with the rebrand and new website launch.
Here are some tips based on the decisions we made:
- Create an attractive catchy header.
- Include a picture of yourself. It provides a human element to the site.
- Break up large sections of text when possible.
- Include social proof on the site.
- Make sure that you have a page featuring each piece of content for SEO purposes.
Let me know what you think of the site. If you have any feedback or ways we could make it even better, don't hesitate to let Brian or myself know.
#branddesign #websitedesign #contentmarketing #jmhmedia #podcastwebsite
‼️ Lets to do something different:
🧐 analyze a marketing tactic from another company.
Last week, Jake Bjorseth of Trndsttrs posted that his company was “for now [….] no more.” Today, after a week of silence, they announced new branding. (links to both posts in the comments)
I've seen opinions, criticisms, and praises of this tactic.
👍🏻 The Good
Good Marketing creates emotional responses and encourages conversations. This tactic worked. I'm sure Jake and Trndsttrs have had more views and have been more top of mind over the past week. Anecdotally, I’ve been checking Jake’s page almost daily hoping for updates. This was creative, and probably effective. I’m writing about it, aren’t I?
👎🏻 The Bad
Good marketing creates emotional responses and views, but more importantly, it creates trust. This was a potentially dangerous move since some people following Jake and Trndsttrs Media may not trust them anymore.
😧 The Ugly
Honestly, it is a little distasteful because there are a lot of people loosing jobs, and businesses REALLY going under. It’s never good taste to poke fun at other peoples pain.
At the end of the day, I’m genuinely curious to see how this turns out. Jake, did this tactic work for you guys? What results did you get.
What do you all think?