Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
🧐 Why do you post content on LinkedIn (or why don't you?)
I've been thinking about this question a lot lately, and here are some of my reasons:
💬 It gives me an opportunity to share my thoughts.
📈 It helps me grow my network and meet new people.
🙌 It spreads awareness of my personal and business brands.
😳 I feel like I should (hey, I'm trying to be honest here, and it feels like everyone is saying you have to post consistently)
Why do (or don't) you post on LinkedIn? 👇🏻
#linkedin #content #socialmedia #posts #curious
Genuine Connections = ⬆️ Sales
I just had an incredible conversation in the LinkedIn DMs with someone that I really look up to.
He posted a story and I sent him a quick message related to what he was talking about in the story.
This turned into an amazing GENUINE conversation about our businesses and goals.
The intention of this conversation wasn’t to sell.
I wasn’t spamming him.
Instead, I was building a real relationship.
We are now talking about potentially collaborating and doing business together.
Want more sales? Create relationships.
#jacobsthoughts #sales #connections #bereal
Time to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? Here are some tips for you!
I went through Taylor Hyde's profile and gave her some tips to utilize the platform better. She is brand new to the platform, so go and connect with her!
- Use a custom header image.
- Record a 10-second audio clip and upload it as the "name pronunciation." This is an opportunity to connect with people on a personal level.
- Write a headline that tells what value you can bring.
- Fill the about section with keywords. This is a great opportunity for SEO.
- If you own your own business, make sure you create a company page and add a logo to it.
- Reach out to people you've worked with in the past and ask them to endorse you.
- Create content, content, content! Creating content is the most important part of LinkedIn.
- Don't sell all of the time. Create value and people will give value back.
Hope that was helpful! :)
#linkedinprofile #linkedinstrategy #contentmarketing #socialmediacontent
Is content creation worth it? It's a lot of work!
It's worth it if... 👇🏻
I just got off a call with someone that is incredibly passionate about a specific topic. They want to create a blog and podcast, but they wonder: is it worth it? it's a lot of work.
Here's my answer: What's your end goal?
Are you doing it as a hobby, or do you want it to make money?
Don't get me wrong. A blog and podcast can make A LOT of money.
That said, most people burn out long before they get there.
If you're doing it because it's something you love to do, then you're more likely to make it to the point where it makes money.
Find something you'd do even if it never makes a penny. Then work as hard as you can to make a 1M+ :)
#jacobsthoughts #passion #contentmarketing #contentcreation