Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
I've been thinking a lot about friction lately. Especially as I'm working from home and have more distractions than ever before.
Friction is simply a tool in our toolbox. Are you using it to your advantage?
⏫ We should increase friction in the things we want to stop doing. (example: move distracting apps to a distant page and folder on your phone).
⏬ We should decrease friction for the things we want to do more (example: I've started putting a book next to my bed so I read more often).
These ideas are not my own :) Thanks to Nir Eyal and his book, Indistractible, for helping me think about this.
Does this annoy anyone else?
Or how about the classic: "let's grow our network. Like and comment on this post if you're open to connections..." 🤢
In my opinion, this is a sure-fire way to get engagement, but is it even effective?
By using tactics like this you aren't providing any real value.
You aren't targeting your audience and creating brand affinity.
You're simply getting likes and post views.
What's this worth?
I don't know, maybe I'm just grouchy today...
What do you think?
#jacobsthoughts #jmhmedia #engagement #linkedin
Time to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? Here are some tips for you!
I went through Taylor Hyde's profile and gave her some tips to utilize the platform better. She is brand new to the platform, so go and connect with her!
- Use a custom header image.
- Record a 10-second audio clip and upload it as the "name pronunciation." This is an opportunity to connect with people on a personal level.
- Write a headline that tells what value you can bring.
- Fill the about section with keywords. This is a great opportunity for SEO.
- If you own your own business, make sure you create a company page and add a logo to it.
- Reach out to people you've worked with in the past and ask them to endorse you.
- Create content, content, content! Creating content is the most important part of LinkedIn.
- Don't sell all of the time. Create value and people will give value back.
Hope that was helpful! :)
#linkedinprofile #linkedinstrategy #contentmarketing #socialmediacontent
We just crossed the threshold! There are now over 800,000 podcasts. Wow!
A few more statistics:
- More than 27.6 million episodes available (this counts only what's in the feeds, not what has ever been released)
- More than 95,000 podcasts have been added in the last 90 days
- More than 24,000 podcasts have been removed in the last 90 days
- Most podcasts with 9 or fewer episodes haven't published in the last 90 days, whereas the majority with 10 or more have.
Data courtesy of the My Podcast Reviews service, by Daniel J. Lewis.