Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
The greatest accomplishment, the thing I’m most proud of:
❌ It isn't my work
❌ or the money I've made
❌ It isn’t my degree
❌ It’s not likes, comments or followers. Nope...
Instead it's this right here: my beautiful family. I’m so happy I’ll be with them for eternity.
This is my WHY. This is the reason I do everything I do.
What’s your why?
#mywhy #jacobsthoughts #family #faithandwork
Time to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? Here are some tips for you!
I went through Taylor Hyde's profile and gave her some tips to utilize the platform better. She is brand new to the platform, so go and connect with her!
- Use a custom header image.
- Record a 10-second audio clip and upload it as the "name pronunciation." This is an opportunity to connect with people on a personal level.
- Write a headline that tells what value you can bring.
- Fill the about section with keywords. This is a great opportunity for SEO.
- If you own your own business, make sure you create a company page and add a logo to it.
- Reach out to people you've worked with in the past and ask them to endorse you.
- Create content, content, content! Creating content is the most important part of LinkedIn.
- Don't sell all of the time. Create value and people will give value back.
Hope that was helpful! :)
#linkedinprofile #linkedinstrategy #contentmarketing #socialmediacontent
Many of you may not know, but I am a devout member of my faith.
I’ve been extremely quiet about it on LinkedIn because I wasn’t sure that a business platform was a good place to talk about religion or faith. I’ve decided to change that. My religion and faith are a huge part of who I am. They’ve had a huge impact on my values and the way I conduct business.
Starting today, I’m going to post something faith promoting every Sunday. I believe that spirituality and faith can be a huge force for good in the world... yes, also in business.
Today’s thought: God loves you. Business can be hard and lonely, but know that you are a child of God and that he is fighting for your success.
#faith #religion #business
I've been thinking a lot about friction lately. Especially as I'm working from home and have more distractions than ever before.
Friction is simply a tool in our toolbox. Are you using it to your advantage?
⏫ We should increase friction in the things we want to stop doing. (example: move distracting apps to a distant page and folder on your phone).
⏬ We should decrease friction for the things we want to do more (example: I've started putting a book next to my bed so I read more often).
These ideas are not my own :) Thanks to Nir Eyal and his book, Indistractible, for helping me think about this.