Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
📈 The RIGHT Way To Sell 💰
Salespeople get a bad rap.
They're pushy, overly persistent, and don't listen.
Unfortunately, I believe that it's because they've been taught wrong.
Good salespeople are good marketers.
They find customer pain points.
Then they create solutions to those pain points.
When you provide value, the selling part is easy!
#sales #marketing #valueselling #jmhmedia #jacobsthoughts
‼️ Lets to do something different:
🧐 analyze a marketing tactic from another company.
Last week, Jake Bjorseth of Trndsttrs posted that his company was “for now [….] no more.” Today, after a week of silence, they announced new branding. (links to both posts in the comments)
I've seen opinions, criticisms, and praises of this tactic.
👍🏻 The Good
Good Marketing creates emotional responses and encourages conversations. This tactic worked. I'm sure Jake and Trndsttrs have had more views and have been more top of mind over the past week. Anecdotally, I’ve been checking Jake’s page almost daily hoping for updates. This was creative, and probably effective. I’m writing about it, aren’t I?
👎🏻 The Bad
Good marketing creates emotional responses and views, but more importantly, it creates trust. This was a potentially dangerous move since some people following Jake and Trndsttrs Media may not trust them anymore.
😧 The Ugly
Honestly, it is a little distasteful because there are a lot of people loosing jobs, and businesses REALLY going under. It’s never good taste to poke fun at other peoples pain.
At the end of the day, I’m genuinely curious to see how this turns out. Jake, did this tactic work for you guys? What results did you get.
What do you all think?
Spent the last few days at Glacier National Park in Montana. What did I Learn?
- God is majestic and all powerful. I was filled with awe seeing some of his large creations up close.
- Beauty takes a long time to build. The mountains of Glacier National Park began forming 170 million years... if God can be this patient with his creations, maybe I can be a little more patient with the businesses I’m building.
- Connecting with nature brings clarity. As we enjoyed the beautiful landscapes, I disconnected from a lot of life’s stresses. It was really nice, and I’m coming back with more clarity and direction.
What did you do/learn this weekend?
#jacobsthoughts #weekend #nature faithandwork
I can't say it loud enough!
Start a podcast!
Even if you don't have very many listeners, a podcast is an incredibly powerful tool.
1. It will open doors to conversations and connections.
2. It will give you a never-ending stream of content that you can repurpose as:
- Blog posts
- Social media posts (ahem, 👇🏻 comes from my podcast)
3. It's an incredible learning opportunity. I've learned so much from my guests.
4. It's an incredible way for potential customers to get to know, like, and trust you.
I'll say it again! Start a podcast!
If you're interested, I'd be happy to jump on a FREE call to chat about your podcast idea.
#jmhmedia #jacobsthoughts #marketing #podcasting #relationships #networking #contentcreation