Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
Steady, small improvements make a big difference.
Instead of trying to conquer the world today, make 1 small improvement every day.
Just as the Grand Canyon wasn't forged in a day or week, we can make small incremental changes in our lives that become majestic masterpieces over time.
I've started writing down one thing I'd like to do better each day in the morning. This has become part of my daily planning process. These small incremental changes will slowly make me into the person I want to become.
You got this!
#jacobsthoughts #selfimprovement #smallthingsmatter #littlebylittle
This Just In!
Apple Podcasts Surpasses 1 Million Podcasts.
Wow! We've officially passed the threshold. Obviously, not all of these podcasts are active, but it's still an interesting number :)
This data comes curtsy of Daniel J. Lewis and My Podcast Reviews.
#podcast #milestone #1MillionPodcasts
Time to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? Here are some tips for you!
I went through Taylor Hyde's profile and gave her some tips to utilize the platform better. She is brand new to the platform, so go and connect with her!
- Use a custom header image.
- Record a 10-second audio clip and upload it as the "name pronunciation." This is an opportunity to connect with people on a personal level.
- Write a headline that tells what value you can bring.
- Fill the about section with keywords. This is a great opportunity for SEO.
- If you own your own business, make sure you create a company page and add a logo to it.
- Reach out to people you've worked with in the past and ask them to endorse you.
- Create content, content, content! Creating content is the most important part of LinkedIn.
- Don't sell all of the time. Create value and people will give value back.
Hope that was helpful! :)
#linkedinprofile #linkedinstrategy #contentmarketing #socialmediacontent
How do you feel about the new google icons?
I get what they're going for:
- Brand consistency
- 1 design language
- Bright and colorful
That said, I feel that they made some major mistakes.
- It's really hard to differentiate their different products.
- The icons seem void of personality
- In some instances, they simply don't make sense. For example, the new Docs icon just looks like a poorly designed rectangle... not a document.
What are your thoughts? Do you like them?
#design #jacobsthoughts #usability