Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
Unfortunately, it is incredibly easy to come up with excuses :(. Many of us make incredible goals but have a hard time following through. On the most recent episode of the SuccessQuest podcast, we had an inspiring conversation about achieving goals and how to stop making excuses. Here are some of the highlights.
- If something is truly important to you, you wouldn’t make excuses. Find your why! Make goals that really matter.
- Sometimes our brains get used to doing things a certain way. Bad habits are hard to change. Be patient with yourself.
- Create more friction for the things you don’t want to do.
- Decrease friction for the things you want to do.
- Make a commitment.
- Find someone who will do it with you and keep you accountable.
- Start where you are! Make small steps toward improvement.
- No more excuses!
What are some of your goals? What tips do you have for achieving goals?
Some interesting insights into Gen Z and Millennial Podcast listeners.
Whistle (link in comments) conducted a research study among Gen Z and Millennials in Fall 2020 to decode their relationships to podcasts.
Podcast listening is an active, engaged, and leaned-in experience. And, because this generation is actively listening, they are attuned and ready to receive a brand message.
1) Listeners tend to be affluent, male sports fans
2) Podcasts are replacing TV as a way to enhance other activities
3) People prefer to learn with podcasts over books
4) Hosts need to be funny and relatable
5) Gen Z prefers shorter duration, unscripted, and off-the-cuff formats
Now is the time! Podcasts provide a uniquely personal way to build brand loyalty and trust with your target audience.
If you have any questions about podcasting I'd be happy to jump on a call and chat.
#podcast #jacobsthoughts #brandloyalty #trust #genz #millennials
Perhaps never in our history has this teaching of Christ been more applicable:
“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”
May we show more kindness and love. Especially to those who disagree with us.
I can't say it loud enough!
Start a podcast!
Even if you don't have very many listeners, a podcast is an incredibly powerful tool.
1. It will open doors to conversations and connections.
2. It will give you a never-ending stream of content that you can repurpose as:
- Blog posts
- Social media posts (ahem, 👇🏻 comes from my podcast)
3. It's an incredible learning opportunity. I've learned so much from my guests.
4. It's an incredible way for potential customers to get to know, like, and trust you.
I'll say it again! Start a podcast!
If you're interested, I'd be happy to jump on a FREE call to chat about your podcast idea.
#jmhmedia #jacobsthoughts #marketing #podcasting #relationships #networking #contentcreation