Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
Unfortunately, it is incredibly easy to come up with excuses :(. Many of us make incredible goals but have a hard time following through. On the most recent episode of the SuccessQuest podcast, we had an inspiring conversation about achieving goals and how to stop making excuses. Here are some of the highlights.
- If something is truly important to you, you wouldn’t make excuses. Find your why! Make goals that really matter.
- Sometimes our brains get used to doing things a certain way. Bad habits are hard to change. Be patient with yourself.
- Create more friction for the things you don’t want to do.
- Decrease friction for the things you want to do.
- Make a commitment.
- Find someone who will do it with you and keep you accountable.
- Start where you are! Make small steps toward improvement.
- No more excuses!
What are some of your goals? What tips do you have for achieving goals?
🎙 Let's talk Podcasts for a bit… It seems like everyone is starting a podcast right now. 🎙
🦻🏻 70% of Americans have heard of Podcasts (up from 64% in 2018)
🎧 22% listen to Podcasts Weekly
🎙 There are ~750,000 podcasts. Up from 550,000 last year (compare to 23M YouTube channels)
😱 These channels have more than 29 million episodes
🕖 76.8% of podcast listeners listen for more than 7 hours a week
📺 61.2% of listeners spend more time listening to podcasts than consuming TV shows
🧐 80% listen to more than half of every episode.
Is the market overcrowded? Or is there still opportunity?
💭 I’d love to hear your thoughts 👇🏻 :)
Here are my 2 cents. There is a huge market opportunity for podcasts. The listener base is growing rapidly and podcast listeners are incredibly loyal (see above). That said, the more saturated the market becomes, the harder it will be to get ahead. Also, Podcasts aren’t easy. Most podcasts don’t last long. In fact, only 20% of podcasts have released an episode in the past 90 days. If you want to get into the game, be consistent. Your hard work will pay off :).
We started the SuccessQuest podcast a mere 30 weeks ago. I’m proud to say that we’ve been consistent. We haven’t missed a Thursday :).
Links to the statistics:
How Many YouTube Channels Are There?
🚫 Don’t get so focused on success that you don’t see it right in front of you! 😳
I’m always wanting more. In part, that’s what makes me an entrepreneur. I have a burning desire to succeed, and work my tail off to do so.
That said, sometimes I’m so focused on the hustle and pursuit of success that I fail to celebrate and recognize the small wins.
🙏 Take time to be grateful.
📈 Think about where you were a year or even five years ago.
🎉 Celebrate the small wins.
Take care! :)
We just crossed the threshold! There are now over 800,000 podcasts. Wow!
A few more statistics:
- More than 27.6 million episodes available (this counts only what's in the feeds, not what has ever been released)
- More than 95,000 podcasts have been added in the last 90 days
- More than 24,000 podcasts have been removed in the last 90 days
- Most podcasts with 9 or fewer episodes haven't published in the last 90 days, whereas the majority with 10 or more have.
Data courtesy of the My Podcast Reviews service, by Daniel J. Lewis.