Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
❌ My first business was an absolute failure... 🚫
I grew up in a large family. My Dad, a small business owner and entrepreneur, taught me to work hard and dream big. I remember some of my favorite moments with him were talking about business or coming up with new business ideas.
⚡️ When I was 16, I started a business with a goal to sell and install wind turbines and solar panels. I contacted a manufacturer, and even became an official reseller.
😩 I didn’t sell one wind turbine or solar panel.
🙌🏻 That said, I learned valuable skills. I built a website for my little business. Admittedly, it wasn't a great website, but that was the start to the path that I'm still on today.
🤔 Was it really a failure? I guess it depends on how you define success and failure. What metrics do you use to measure them?
Tell me about some of your "failures"! 👇🏻
#failure #success #entrepreneurship #jacobsthoughts #jmhmedia #successquest
🤔 What's a relationship worth?
As much as you put into it.
I'm a science guy, and I love the visual of potential vs. kinetic energy. Every relationship that we have, every person in our network has an enormous potential to benefit us. That said, we have to work to convert the potential energy to kinetic energy.
Your network can be your net-worth. If you put in the work :)
⭐️ LinkedIn profile tips! ⭐️
I was talking with Michele Prater today. She's trying to grow her business online, and we talked about LinkedIn. She requested a profile review and gave me permission to post. Thanks Michele!
Here are some tips:
- Make your profile image public.
- Create a great cover photo.
- Make your headline clear, easy to read, and impactful
- Have a good About section
- Feature content or links that show what you do.
- Complete your experience.
- Get endorsements from people you've worked with.
❓ What other #linkedintips do you have?
Spent the last few days at Glacier National Park in Montana. What did I Learn?
- God is majestic and all powerful. I was filled with awe seeing some of his large creations up close.
- Beauty takes a long time to build. The mountains of Glacier National Park began forming 170 million years... if God can be this patient with his creations, maybe I can be a little more patient with the businesses I’m building.
- Connecting with nature brings clarity. As we enjoyed the beautiful landscapes, I disconnected from a lot of life’s stresses. It was really nice, and I’m coming back with more clarity and direction.
What did you do/learn this weekend?
#jacobsthoughts #weekend #nature faithandwork