Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
Is content creation worth it? It's a lot of work!
It's worth it if... 👇🏻
I just got off a call with someone that is incredibly passionate about a specific topic. They want to create a blog and podcast, but they wonder: is it worth it? it's a lot of work.
Here's my answer: What's your end goal?
Are you doing it as a hobby, or do you want it to make money?
Don't get me wrong. A blog and podcast can make A LOT of money.
That said, most people burn out long before they get there.
If you're doing it because it's something you love to do, then you're more likely to make it to the point where it makes money.
Find something you'd do even if it never makes a penny. Then work as hard as you can to make a 1M+ :)
#jacobsthoughts #passion #contentmarketing #contentcreation
Do you want to change your behavior? Change your identity.
In a recent Self Improvement Daily episode, Brian Ford talked with Jim Fortinabout the power of identity. (A powerful podcast episode. Link in the comments)
A non smoker isn’t even tempted if someone asks them to smoke. Why? Because it’s part of their identity.
How many times have you heard “I don’t smoke.”
They don’t even have to decide because they identify as a non smoker.
🤔 What behaviors do you want to get rid of or create?
⭐️ Now decide what identity you need to adopt to become who you want to be.
An identity that has meant a lot to me is my identity as a child of God.
“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” - Romans 8:16-17
Think about it. You are a literal son or daughter of the most powerful being. You are his heir. You are important. You have an infinite potential.
Don’t ever forget it.
Here’s a link to a music video that my little brother did. It has a powerful message. And my little family is in it.
#jacobsthoughts #faithandwork #faithandbusiness #identity #behavior #iamachildofgod.
Spent the last few days at Glacier National Park in Montana. What did I Learn?
- God is majestic and all powerful. I was filled with awe seeing some of his large creations up close.
- Beauty takes a long time to build. The mountains of Glacier National Park began forming 170 million years... if God can be this patient with his creations, maybe I can be a little more patient with the businesses I’m building.
- Connecting with nature brings clarity. As we enjoyed the beautiful landscapes, I disconnected from a lot of life’s stresses. It was really nice, and I’m coming back with more clarity and direction.
What did you do/learn this weekend?
#jacobsthoughts #weekend #nature faithandwork
🖥 Need some website tips? 👍🏻
We just launched a new website for the Self Improvement Daily Podcast.
I was honored when Brian Ford came to me looking to improve the website for his podcast. I've been a long time listener, an I was excited to help with the rebrand and new website launch.
Here are some tips based on the decisions we made:
- Create an attractive catchy header.
- Include a picture of yourself. It provides a human element to the site.
- Break up large sections of text when possible.
- Include social proof on the site.
- Make sure that you have a page featuring each piece of content for SEO purposes.
Let me know what you think of the site. If you have any feedback or ways we could make it even better, don't hesitate to let Brian or myself know.
#branddesign #websitedesign #contentmarketing #jmhmedia #podcastwebsite