Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
Some interesting insights into Gen Z and Millennial Podcast listeners.
Whistle (link in comments) conducted a research study among Gen Z and Millennials in Fall 2020 to decode their relationships to podcasts.
Podcast listening is an active, engaged, and leaned-in experience. And, because this generation is actively listening, they are attuned and ready to receive a brand message.
1) Listeners tend to be affluent, male sports fans
2) Podcasts are replacing TV as a way to enhance other activities
3) People prefer to learn with podcasts over books
4) Hosts need to be funny and relatable
5) Gen Z prefers shorter duration, unscripted, and off-the-cuff formats
Now is the time! Podcasts provide a uniquely personal way to build brand loyalty and trust with your target audience.
If you have any questions about podcasting I'd be happy to jump on a call and chat.
#podcast #jacobsthoughts #brandloyalty #trust #genz #millennials
🧐 Why do you post content on LinkedIn (or why don't you?)
I've been thinking about this question a lot lately, and here are some of my reasons:
💬 It gives me an opportunity to share my thoughts.
📈 It helps me grow my network and meet new people.
🙌 It spreads awareness of my personal and business brands.
😳 I feel like I should (hey, I'm trying to be honest here, and it feels like everyone is saying you have to post consistently)
Why do (or don't) you post on LinkedIn? 👇🏻
#linkedin #content #socialmedia #posts #curious
❌ My first business was an absolute failure... 🚫
I grew up in a large family. My Dad, a small business owner and entrepreneur, taught me to work hard and dream big. I remember some of my favorite moments with him were talking about business or coming up with new business ideas.
⚡️ When I was 16, I started a business with a goal to sell and install wind turbines and solar panels. I contacted a manufacturer, and even became an official reseller.
😩 I didn’t sell one wind turbine or solar panel.
🙌🏻 That said, I learned valuable skills. I built a website for my little business. Admittedly, it wasn't a great website, but that was the start to the path that I'm still on today.
🤔 Was it really a failure? I guess it depends on how you define success and failure. What metrics do you use to measure them?
Tell me about some of your "failures"! 👇🏻
#failure #success #entrepreneurship #jacobsthoughts #jmhmedia #successquest
We just crossed the threshold! There are now over 800,000 podcasts. Wow!
A few more statistics:
- More than 27.6 million episodes available (this counts only what's in the feeds, not what has ever been released)
- More than 95,000 podcasts have been added in the last 90 days
- More than 24,000 podcasts have been removed in the last 90 days
- Most podcasts with 9 or fewer episodes haven't published in the last 90 days, whereas the majority with 10 or more have.
Data courtesy of the My Podcast Reviews service, by Daniel J. Lewis.