Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
How do you feel about the new google icons?
I get what they're going for:
- Brand consistency
- 1 design language
- Bright and colorful
That said, I feel that they made some major mistakes.
- It's really hard to differentiate their different products.
- The icons seem void of personality
- In some instances, they simply don't make sense. For example, the new Docs icon just looks like a poorly designed rectangle... not a document.
What are your thoughts? Do you like them?
#design #jacobsthoughts #usability
Can you ever take a break in business?
When you're a business owner, it's easy to get overwhelmed and have your business take over your life... but wait, didn't you get into business to be free? I know I did.
If you want to have freedom AND a business:
- CREATE SYSTEMS.
By creating systems, you allow yourself to be more productive and get more done quicker. You also make it possible to get help and outsource tasks when needed.
Hope you all get a quick break this weekend. Take care!
Spent the last few days at Glacier National Park in Montana. What did I Learn?
- God is majestic and all powerful. I was filled with awe seeing some of his large creations up close.
- Beauty takes a long time to build. The mountains of Glacier National Park began forming 170 million years... if God can be this patient with his creations, maybe I can be a little more patient with the businesses I’m building.
- Connecting with nature brings clarity. As we enjoyed the beautiful landscapes, I disconnected from a lot of life’s stresses. It was really nice, and I’m coming back with more clarity and direction.
What did you do/learn this weekend?
#jacobsthoughts #weekend #nature faithandwork
Don’t shy away from hard work.
But also don’t shy away from creating systems that make your work easier.
As with most things in life, there’s a perfect balance.
#jacobsthoughts #hardwork #efficiency #systems