Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
How do you feel about the new google icons?
I get what they're going for:
- Brand consistency
- 1 design language
- Bright and colorful
That said, I feel that they made some major mistakes.
- It's really hard to differentiate their different products.
- The icons seem void of personality
- In some instances, they simply don't make sense. For example, the new Docs icon just looks like a poorly designed rectangle... not a document.
What are your thoughts? Do you like them?
#design #jacobsthoughts #usability
Perhaps never in our history has this teaching of Christ been more applicable:
“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”
May we show more kindness and love. Especially to those who disagree with us.
We just crossed the threshold! There are now over 800,000 podcasts. Wow!
A few more statistics:
- More than 27.6 million episodes available (this counts only what's in the feeds, not what has ever been released)
- More than 95,000 podcasts have been added in the last 90 days
- More than 24,000 podcasts have been removed in the last 90 days
- Most podcasts with 9 or fewer episodes haven't published in the last 90 days, whereas the majority with 10 or more have.
Data courtesy of the My Podcast Reviews service, by Daniel J. Lewis.
🎙 Let's talk Podcasts for a bit… It seems like everyone is starting a podcast right now. 🎙
🦻🏻 70% of Americans have heard of Podcasts (up from 64% in 2018)
🎧 22% listen to Podcasts Weekly
🎙 There are ~750,000 podcasts. Up from 550,000 last year (compare to 23M YouTube channels)
😱 These channels have more than 29 million episodes
🕖 76.8% of podcast listeners listen for more than 7 hours a week
📺 61.2% of listeners spend more time listening to podcasts than consuming TV shows
🧐 80% listen to more than half of every episode.
Is the market overcrowded? Or is there still opportunity?
💭 I’d love to hear your thoughts 👇🏻 :)
Here are my 2 cents. There is a huge market opportunity for podcasts. The listener base is growing rapidly and podcast listeners are incredibly loyal (see above). That said, the more saturated the market becomes, the harder it will be to get ahead. Also, Podcasts aren’t easy. Most podcasts don’t last long. In fact, only 20% of podcasts have released an episode in the past 90 days. If you want to get into the game, be consistent. Your hard work will pay off :).
We started the SuccessQuest podcast a mere 30 weeks ago. I’m proud to say that we’ve been consistent. We haven’t missed a Thursday :).
Links to the statistics:
How Many YouTube Channels Are There?