Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
Genuine Connections = ⬆️ Sales
I just had an incredible conversation in the LinkedIn DMs with someone that I really look up to.
He posted a story and I sent him a quick message related to what he was talking about in the story.
This turned into an amazing GENUINE conversation about our businesses and goals.
The intention of this conversation wasn’t to sell.
I wasn’t spamming him.
Instead, I was building a real relationship.
We are now talking about potentially collaborating and doing business together.
Want more sales? Create relationships.
#jacobsthoughts #sales #connections #bereal
Time to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? Here are some tips for you!
I went through Taylor Hyde's profile and gave her some tips to utilize the platform better. She is brand new to the platform, so go and connect with her!
- Use a custom header image.
- Record a 10-second audio clip and upload it as the "name pronunciation." This is an opportunity to connect with people on a personal level.
- Write a headline that tells what value you can bring.
- Fill the about section with keywords. This is a great opportunity for SEO.
- If you own your own business, make sure you create a company page and add a logo to it.
- Reach out to people you've worked with in the past and ask them to endorse you.
- Create content, content, content! Creating content is the most important part of LinkedIn.
- Don't sell all of the time. Create value and people will give value back.
Hope that was helpful! :)
#linkedinprofile #linkedinstrategy #contentmarketing #socialmediacontent
I've been thinking a lot about friction lately. Especially as I'm working from home and have more distractions than ever before.
Friction is simply a tool in our toolbox. Are you using it to your advantage?
⏫ We should increase friction in the things we want to stop doing. (example: move distracting apps to a distant page and folder on your phone).
⏬ We should decrease friction for the things we want to do more (example: I've started putting a book next to my bed so I read more often).
These ideas are not my own :) Thanks to Nir Eyal and his book, Indistractible, for helping me think about this.
This Just In!
Apple Podcasts Surpasses 1 Million Podcasts.
Wow! We've officially passed the threshold. Obviously, not all of these podcasts are active, but it's still an interesting number :)
This data comes curtsy of Daniel J. Lewis and My Podcast Reviews.
#podcast #milestone #1MillionPodcasts