Welcome! These are my unfiltered thoughts. I hope to provide some insight and help with your digital marketing. Feel free to follow me on your favorite social network to see more tips like these.
We just crossed the threshold! There are now over 800,000 podcasts. Wow!
A few more statistics:
- More than 27.6 million episodes available (this counts only what's in the feeds, not what has ever been released)
- More than 95,000 podcasts have been added in the last 90 days
- More than 24,000 podcasts have been removed in the last 90 days
- Most podcasts with 9 or fewer episodes haven't published in the last 90 days, whereas the majority with 10 or more have.
Data courtesy of the My Podcast Reviews service, by Daniel J. Lewis.
Last week, I committed to posting something faith promoting each Sunday. Today's topic is service.
In business and leadership, I believe that service is one of the most important things you can do. If a business serves their customers, clients, and employees, they'll be successful. If leader serves the people they lead, they'll be an effective leader.
In Matthew 23:11, Christ teaches: "he that is greatest among you shall be your servant." In this simple teaching, he taught the importance of humility and service. He didn't just say that though. He lived it. He, as the literal son of God, spent his entire life in the service of others.
#faithandbusiness #service #leadership #jacobsthoughts
I can't say it loud enough!
Start a podcast!
Even if you don't have very many listeners, a podcast is an incredibly powerful tool.
1. It will open doors to conversations and connections.
2. It will give you a never-ending stream of content that you can repurpose as:
- Blog posts
- Social media posts (ahem, 👇🏻 comes from my podcast)
3. It's an incredible learning opportunity. I've learned so much from my guests.
4. It's an incredible way for potential customers to get to know, like, and trust you.
I'll say it again! Start a podcast!
If you're interested, I'd be happy to jump on a FREE call to chat about your podcast idea.
#jmhmedia #jacobsthoughts #marketing #podcasting #relationships #networking #contentcreation
❌ My first business was an absolute failure... 🚫
I grew up in a large family. My Dad, a small business owner and entrepreneur, taught me to work hard and dream big. I remember some of my favorite moments with him were talking about business or coming up with new business ideas.
⚡️ When I was 16, I started a business with a goal to sell and install wind turbines and solar panels. I contacted a manufacturer, and even became an official reseller.
😩 I didn’t sell one wind turbine or solar panel.
🙌🏻 That said, I learned valuable skills. I built a website for my little business. Admittedly, it wasn't a great website, but that was the start to the path that I'm still on today.
🤔 Was it really a failure? I guess it depends on how you define success and failure. What metrics do you use to measure them?
Tell me about some of your "failures"! 👇🏻
#failure #success #entrepreneurship #jacobsthoughts #jmhmedia #successquest